Saturday, December 17, 2005

It’s almost Christmas!

A good time of the year to reflect on the goodness of God and His amazing gift to us: His Son, Jesus Christ. What a most precious gift, the gift of Life. I’m so thankful that God in His kindness and love thought of us and thought good for us. What a sense of peace that gives. I hope that’s the same for you too.

These last ten days I have really slowed down, or was slowed down by a cough, turn cold, turn laryngitis, turn more coughing. When my voice started coming back I thought it’s nearly over. But today it doesn’t seem them way. So I need to keep myself slowed down.

My mornings I go to our PDI office from 8 to 11. As a team we have devotions together and review the previous day hashing over the issues at hand. Then we’ve been going through a book on community eye health development. It’s in story form so makes it interesting with questions and discussion points to talk about. We reached a point on Tuesday when we were talking about evaluations and decided we needed to do that with our villages. We’d like to do some special campaigns with village meetings to do awareness building. Awareness building is a way of getting people to think about their own situations and make action decisions. We’d like to see people take a more active role in the health of their children’s growth and development. But that’s our idea.

I only went bush on Friday (yesterday) as we are beginning training of five women to be maternal/child care givers. They are so receptive and quick to learn, it’s exciting to teach them. Mae, my colleague, does a great job teaching, too.

What I can’t slow down about is feeding Cali as often as she wants to be fed during the day. The puppies are all growing equally fast, their eyes are opened and they’re trying their legs out. They end up roll over each other, then they’re all piled together sleeping. Cali is protective, yet allows the children to play with them a bit. She doesn’t like you to go far with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you get well soon! those puppies are going to keep you really busy soon too. he, he.

I think it is cool that you and others are teaching the folk there things to help them out.

Have a great Christmas!