Monday, April 17, 2006

April Heat

The heat is on and it's been on for over a month. This is how some get replenished:

Some got refreshed through baptism yesterday. The compound swimming pool is the venue for this event. It was pretty special to see 16 youth and 4 adults (who were from Magaria) make a public testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ on Easter Day. This is one of the women I have worked with in Magaria.

Easter: Linda had Yoko, Genevieve, and me over for brunch at 1 p.m. She made a lovely cinnamon roll ring and omelets. We had our English worship service at 5:30 outside which included a puppet show: possum and rat shared their experience at the site of the tomb. They testified to the resurrection of Jesus! He is not in the tomb.

After that we had a potluck with yummy food. Today is a holiday for us --Easter Monday. It's nice to have the extra time off to catch up on little things and do special things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Good Friday off for the holiday. We had a baptism at church on Sunday too.

Send some of that heat this way. It's still chilly here!

Oldmachead said...

Sorry ... I'm not very familiar with using blogs and left a comment on a page that dates back to 2005 ... you may not see that. I'm pasting the comment here in the hope that you will see this soon:

======

Hello ... I came across your blog while doing a search on "Galmi".

Are you still in Galmi? What is the hospital's mailing (postal) address there?

My daughter has just arrived in Niamey and will be going to Galmi tomorrow (April 21, 2006) for 10 weeks. If I send her a parcel by regular (Canada Post) will it reach her/intact?

Thanks.

David C King

Anonymous said...

you know...my husband would love your sign in name! He thinks that macintoshes are the neatest/coolest...whatever phrase you might use for the machead. =)

Jeannie said...

Your daughter has arrived and we're enjoying having her with us. We'll take good care of her!!!

Oldmachead said...

Jeannie,

Thanks for the response. It is a great comfort. I am so proud of my little girl!

Rebecca,

Your husband obviously has good taste!! :-)

Best regards,

David