Friday, July 28, 2006

Vacation Pictures



What did I do on vacation? I played tourist one day and went out on the Niger River looking for hippos. We were 14 in a canoe, with 2 on the stick and 1 on the engine which didn't want to stay started.



















Well we found them. At first we thought they were rocks jutting out of the water, but then we really saw hippos jut out and spray a bit of water. We did get pretty close, got our pictures and left! I wasn't quick enough to get the 3 of them together.

Besides that adventure, lots of time was spent at the pool, visiting friends in town, having tea (I'll tell you that story some time), shopping, cross-stitching, watching videos, & breaking equipment (don't ask about that one).

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, how neat! I would be scared to be in the water with the hippos! :) Kevin and I went to a fair this week, and there were some camels there, that people could pay to ride. I thought of you. :)

Anonymous said...

it's great you are taking advantage of seeing things like that! how often does one from Northern America get to see wild hippos.

Anonymous said...

Jeannie,

The water looks so lovely--almost like floating down the Kings River. I don't see a picture of you swimming,Jeannie? Guess you left that picture out. Girls lunch on 8/15--Your treat. Janet