Sunday, August 26, 2007

Something New

So it's time to put something new on here. Sorry it's been so long. That seems to be the story of my life. I'm often behind and trying to catch up. Anyway. . .I thought I'd put some pictures on here but I'm not having success. I'll try that later.

I'ts now over 3 months since I got back from vacation at home. It was great to be there with my family and enjoy lots of different celebrations. One being Easter!!! This is one celebration we don't just celebrate on Easter, yearly, but is celebrated or should be celebrated each day. New life in Christ!!!

Another celebration was my birthday, marking 50 years. It's nice to know I'm not alone in celebrating this hallmark. A lot of us are enjoying this together!!! Smiles. Again it's a celebration of the daily life God has given us on this earth.

Then there was the celebration of my nephew's marriage. Darren & Amanda. Their motto is 'Good for Life'. That's how it should always be. A marriage relationship committed for life, with God in the center.

Back here at Galmi we celebrated life in a different sense than the normal. Helene is celebrating life in the presence of her Lord and Savior, Jesus. It was her home going on July that we celebrated on July 30th. That's something to anticipate and eagerly waiting for. Helene was diagnosed with cancer last year and lived a full life until the last few weeks. Her desire was to stay serving the Lord in Niger with her family -husband and 3 children. And that's what she did. She knew and could say, 'God is good, all the time'.

1 comment:

NIGER1.COM said...

Hello I am from Niger but live in the US now
when are you coming back to the US
I manage the website
www.niger1.com/niger.html
I know a lot of SIm missionaries
my email is niger1.com@gmail.com