Saturday, February 09, 2008

PDI OFFICE

I was trying to think what I should write in this blog and decided to look at my most recent pictures taken. Pictures of the PDI (Programme de Developpement Integre or Integrated Development Program) office. This is where the team meets each morning for devotions and prays together.
We share the previous day’s events and make suggestions or comments that will hopefully help for the next visit to that village and the health workers. We have also been going through a book on two religions, one asking the other questions. It’s quite an eye opener for me, actually for all of us, to see the inconsistencies and the untruths in the one. Yet these are things that are not talked about or challenged openly. Anyway. . .we are usually in the office from 8 to 11. Then we go out to the villages in the afternoon. Although recently, since people are available in the late morning and early afternoons, we have changed the times to going out at 10. This is a nice schedule as we get back around 4 p.m. instead of coming in at 7 p.m. (But in fact, I have not gone to the villages in the last 3-4 weeks, that’s another story).

This is my ‘office’ with my desk and the computer. Note the dust, it’s part of the décor at Galmi.

No comments: