Sunday, February 14, 2010

To Galmi






Galmi is a special place as I spent 24 years there working in the hospital and in the villages. It's been nearly 2 years since I packed up my home and said my good-byes to dear friends. Many many expats have come and gone through the years. As one year there were over 100 (mostly short termers and a few long termers including children). At present there are around 10 families/couples and a handful of singles. Most of them I have known and are dear friends. Many of the hospital employees I know, too. Of course, in the villages I'm anticipating meeting the health workers and the trained birthing attendants. Pictured below are S and his family, my househelp with her husband, and Yoko with friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

U r amazingly brave, how could u leave ur place, and go to africa. Wats the whole point of doing it? If u guys stop supporting them they wil automaticaly learn how to sustain themself!

Kathy said...

Hi Jeannie. Your blog is off to a good start. Don't let George discourage you. We all know that the point is to extend God's love. Our prayers are with you.
Kathy