Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dinner with the Aunts & Uncles

This afternoon I had the privilege of taking my parents to Ben & Etta's house. The siblings were getting together as Jeff & Chris are visiting from Oregon. It's so fun to watch the 4 sisters together. I should have gotten a picture of them as they were looking over mom's scrapbook of the family. Pictures of their grandparents and so forth. The men were watching football. At the dinner table I was able to wing the conversation around to --you guessed it --dogs. We all got to telling stories about our dogs. It got started as they were first talking about grandchildren not behaving the same way at the grandparent's house as they do at the parent's house. I could definitely relate to this as my Cali doesn't behave like a beggar at my friend's house while we're eating. She knows not to sit and drool. But with me, not so. She knows she can get by with drooling as she'll get rewarded with the leftovers. Oh well, someone has to eat them and she's no worse the wear.

1 comment:

Corene said...

That must have been fun.