Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ten-Three-Thirty

I have often used the verse in Psalm 119:11 “Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee”, in teaching the importance of memorizing God’s Word. Three-Thirty was given as a challenge to us at the SIM Home Assignment Retreat in May this year. Ten-Three-Thirty is taking a portion or a chapter of scripture, like Psalm 23, and meditating on it for 10 minutes three times a day for thirty days. I did that with Psalm 23 and was very encouraged by having God’s Word right close to me in my thoughts throughout the day. I also did it with I Corinthians 13. I must say I didn’t always do 10-3-30 but it was often there. I’d like a challenge to anyone to join me for November in 10-3-30. You can pick whatever verse or chapter you’d like to do.

I have picked Psalm 16:8,9,11:
“I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices, my flesh also will dwell securely. Thou wilt make known to me the path of life, in Thy presence is fullness of joy, in Thy right hand there are pleasures forever.”

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That is such a good idea! I'm joining you. I need to take time to think which passage I'll be doing.

Tammy said...

I started this morning! My verse I chose is Psalm 143:10: "Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." I'm really looking forward to it!