Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Now in Galmi

Home Sweet Home. Home Dusty Home. Home Away From Home. Galmi!!! It’s a good place to be when it’s God’s direction.
I finally arrived on Friday, a day earlier than anticipated. The course on Sorting out the Supernatural, was cut short as the speaker had to return home on Tuesday. His wife had a heart attack and most likely would be needing surgery (but she didn’t). He said, “This is what ‘I do’ means.” We did have two days of teaching and I also bought 2 of his books, Sorting Out The Supernatural and Binding and Loosing. I tell you more along the journey.

I was warmly welcomed by everyone including both dogs, Cali and her brother, Wong Di. It does feel good to be here, now going on six days.
I’ve been going into work each morning and having devotions with the team. We’re also going through a book on community development, something I’ve done with other team members in the past. Today I will first go bush, to Magaria. I’m basically unpacked both the boxes I brought with me and those packed in the house. It just needs to be put in order, which I hope to do in the next 2 days.
I’ve been helping out Alicia who has a 5 week old baby and 3 other children. Kendrick went to Niamey for meetings that I should have gone to. So I go over at dinner time and stay until we’ve read stories – in French and translate them. They’re children’s story so it’s simple reading and more or less not too hard to translate. It’s a good exercise for us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is Galmi exactly? And how do you pronounce that?

Corene said...

I remember how great it was to be home after being in the States. It would just feel great to cross the boarder into Mexico. I always claimed that it smelled like home once we passed the Rio Grande River. (which that name is redundent for those who don't know Spanish. In English it would say River Big River. lol)

Anonymous said...

Hello ... I came across your blog while doing a search on "Galmi".

Are you still in Galmi? What is the hospital's mailing (postal) address there?

My daughter has just arrived in Niamey and will be going to Galmi tomorrow (April 21, 2006) for 10 weeks. If I send her a parcel by regular (Canada Post) will it reach her/intact?

Thanks.

David C King